Cité Vauban - The city and its secrets
Cité Vauban guided tour: If you want to know everything about Briançon, this visit is for you. While strolling with the guide through the picturesque streets, you will discover the rich past of the city, its particular civil architecture and its Vauban fortifications. The tour will take you to the Collegiate Church, the King's Auditorium, which houses a copy of the relief plan of Briançon, and the Governor's garden, weather permitting...
- To which public :
- For all
- Not recommended, not suitable :
- people with mobility problems
- handicap accessibility. :
- The tour is adapted for visually impaired people.
- Braille and large-print brochures, available from the heritage department, will illustrate the guide's comments.
- Meeting points :
- Briançon - Service du patrimoine - Porte de Pignerol
- meeting points GPS coordinates :
- Latitude : 44.90097000000003
- Longitude : 6.644130000000075
- Duration :
- 2 hours
- Concerning ticketing :
- REDUCED RATE ON PROOF for: students, job seekers, French RSA beneficiaries, large families, disabled persons, OT guest card, Heritage Pass, Monumental partnership!
- VALID PROOF OF IDENTITY MUST BE PRESENTED TO THE GUIDE BEFORE THE VISIT, WITHOUT PROOF OF IDENTITY ACCESS TO THE VISIT WILL BE REFUSED AND THE VISIT WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
- About the activity :
- If you want to know everything about Briançon, this tour is for you.
- While strolling with the guide through the picturesque streets, you will discover the rich past of the city, its unique civil architecture and its Vauban fortifications.
- During this tour, you'll visit the Collegiate Church, the King's Auditorium, with its copy of the relief plan of Briançon, and the Governor's garden, weather permitting...
- The advantages :
- The guide knows all the facets of Briançon
- and gives you the keys to understand the development of the town over time.
- He is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to ask him questions
- the guide's explanations are aimed at adults and can also be adapted to a young audience
- Ticket sales :
- You can buy tickets online or at Serre Chevalier Briançon Tourist office
- Equipment required :
- water bottle
- hiking boots
- warm clothes
- The price includes :
- visit with a guide-lecturer
- Important point :
- non-cancellable, non-refundable
- visits provided from 2 people
- outdoor/indoor visits subject to weather conditions. They start on time whatever the weather
- the guide reserves the right to cancel or interrupt any tour if necessary for the safety of the visitors
- COVID precautions :
- all sanitary measures in force are respected and applied
- Recommended parking :
- Paid car park - Champ de Mars
Availability and Rates
Porte de Pignerol
Latitude : 44.90097
Longitude : 6.64413