An original visit to discover the ingenuity used by military architects to prevent the enemies from taking the Pignerol gate. A visit to the portcullis chamber, a descent into the underside of the drawbridge and a tour of the moat will delight young and old alike.
- To which public :
- For all
- Conditions to practice the activity :
- minimum age 8 ans
- Not recommended, not suitable :
- people with mobility problems
- Meeting points :
- Briançon - Service du patrimoine - Porte de Pignerol
- meeting points GPS coordinates :
- Latitude : 44.90097000000003
- Longitude : 6.644130000000075
- Duration :
- 2 hours
- Concerning ticketing :
- REDUCED RATE ON PROOF for: students, job seekers, French RSA beneficiaries, large families, disabled persons, OT guest card, Heritage Pass, Monumental partnership!
- VALID PROOF OF IDENTITY MUST BE PRESENTED TO THE GUIDE BEFORE THE VISIT, WITHOUT PROOF OF IDENTITY ACCESS TO THE VISIT WILL BE REFUSED AND THE VISIT WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
- About the activity :
- Discover the ingenuity used by military architects to defend the town of Briançon: How to operate the drawbridges? Where is the portcullis hidden when it is raised ?
- Why is there so much soil in the fortifications? Wear a hard hat and try your luck in the ramparts!
- ourses with confined passages, stairs and uneven floors.
- The advantages :
- The guide knows all the facets of Briançon
- and gives you the keys to understand the development of the town over time.
- He is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to ask him questions
- the guide's explanations are aimed at adults and can also be adapted to a young audience
- Ticket sales :
- You can buy tickets online or at Serre Chevalier Briançon Tourist office
- Equipment provided :
- hard hat provided
- Equipment required :
- water bottle
- hat, sunglasses, sun cream
- warm clothes, closed shoes like trainers or hiking boots
- The price includes :
- visit with a guide-lecturer
- Important point :
- non-cancellable, non-refundable
- visits provided from 2 people
- outdoor/indoor visits subject to weather conditions. They start on time whatever the weather
- the guide reserves the right to cancel or interrupt any tour if necessary for the safety of the visitors
- tour with confined passages, stairs and uneven floors. A torch is an advantage.
- COVID precautions :
- all sanitary measures in force are respected and applied
- Recommended parking :
- Paid car park - Champ de Mars